Each year, as the snow begins to melt and the days stretch out a little longer, the Art Business News team heads to New York City to get a first glimpse of the year’s new art and design trends at Artexpo New York. This year’s show, held March 21-24 at Pier 92, offered a tremendous array of talented artists—both established and emerging. The art fair’s layout itself looked stunning this year, with wider aisles than the year prior. Good thing, because the show was packed!
Here are a few photo highlights:
Art sales were decidedly up this year, too. Most of the artists we spoke with had sold pieces or lined up contracts and commissions for the coming year. Some artists really knocked it out of the park this year, like Impressionist painter Samir Sammoun, who sold 36 paintings. Here he is:
There were some really ground-breaking works at this year’s show. Dage, a Quebecoise “intentional dripping artist,” creates her sensuous nudes much like Jackson Pollack—sans paintbrush.
In Trustwin, Inc.’s booth, the soulful eyes of the painter’s subjects drew viewers in.
This is just a very small sampling of the works that were on display (literally, thousands of pieces by artists from across the US and all around the world). You can view more photos on Artexpo’s Flickr page.
Stay tuned: we’ll be running a post on this year’s talented SOLO award winners soon!
- DECOR Expo Atlanta: A Design-World Mainstay Returns to Atlanta - December 3, 2014
- Framed in Hope: Framers & Artists Supporting Charities - December 3, 2014
- Critical Coverage: Why Should Schedule Annual Reviews with an Insurance Agent - December 3, 2014
- The Art of Framing: Put Your Best Face Forward with Your Storefront - December 3, 2014
- The Guerrilla Framer: The Power of a Phone Call in Turning Prospects into Customers - December 3, 2014
- Newsmakers: Fama Art Returns to BolognaFiere in March 2015 - December 2, 2014
- Period Design Series: All About Art Nouveau - September 23, 2014
- Behind the Color Trends - September 23, 2014
- The Guerrilla Framer: Turn Your Website into a Sales Engine - September 22, 2014
- The Art and Craft of Framing - September 22, 2014