Some use oils. Some use acrylics. World-renowned surrealist Vincent Castiglia uses blood. His blood, to be precise. The first ever American artist to receive a solo exhibition invitation from H.R. Giger, the Oscar-winning artist behind the design of Alien, to his H.R. Giger Museum Gallery, Castiglia is bringing his work to his native city of New York for the solo exhibition Resurrection, opening at Sacred Gallery NYC on October 4th.
The exhibit will cover Castiglia’s career from the very beginning , when he first started working with his unusual material of choice, to now. “This exhibit is the culmination of a lifetime of searching and posing many questions through images, making declarations of truths uncovered and pouring a myriad of emotions, conflicts, and bliss into these coagulations which delineate all aspects of the past decade of my life,” explains the artist, more of whose work can be found at vincentcastigliaart.com.
For more on the exhibit, which will kick off with an opening reception on the night of Thursday, October 4th and run through October 31st (Halloween—fitting, no?), visit www.sacredgallerynyc.com/vincent-castiglia-resurrection.
- Why I Hate George Jetson | The Guerrilla Framer - September 11, 2015
- 5 Tips for Marketing Through Daily-Deal Websites - August 1, 2015
- Finishing with Style - July 15, 2015
- Pease Pedestals: Displaying Success - July 15, 2015
- Mind Your Margins – More Profit for Happier Customers - June 18, 2015
- The Pursuit of Happiness: Roma Moulding Celebrates 30 Years - April 2, 2014
- URBAN ASHES—Using Salvaged Wood to Make Artful Frames, by Michael Pacitti - September 6, 2013
- Polly Norman’s Prehistoric Ride Through a Lavender Sky - March 13, 2013
- Work of the Week: Johnny Taylor’s The Age of Flight #3 - March 1, 2013
- Do You Want To Count Every Stroke? Or Play Men’s Rules? - February 27, 2013