Attention, artists. Are you, by any chance, a fan of wine? Even if you’re not, I’m guessing you like the idea of your artwork appearing in front of diners at the high-end, nationally acclaimed The Capital Grille, right? Well, you lucky artist you, that reality is now within your grasp, thanks to The Capital Grille’s fourth annual Artist Series Wine Label Design Competition. Now accepting entries, the contest asks artists (21 and older, please) to design a label for the 2009 Arrowood Cabernet Sauvignon, blended by winemaker Heidi von der Mehden and The Capital Grille’s own Master Sommelier, George Miliotes, being served exclusively at The Capital Grille.
Says Miliotes, “This competition combines two complementary cultural passions: fine wine and fine art. While my expertise focuses on what’s inside the bottle, I love that this competition is as much about the palette as it is the palate.”
Still, entrants shouldn’t disregard the palate entirely, as pieces will be judged in part on how well they capture the essence of the wine in question, which is described by The Capital Grille as “Intensely purple in color, … [exuding] aromas of dark fruit, followed by layers of blackberry, plum and blueberry flavors that begin with a profound depth and end with a soft finish.”
So what are you waiting for? Get cracking! In addition to having their artwork adorn many of the wine bottles placed in front of diners at the 47 The Capital Grille locations nationwide, the winner will receive an all-expenses-paid trip to California’s Napa Valley Wine Country.
More information on the contest, open to submissions until October 19th, can be found at http://www.thecapitalgrille.com/enter/. Good luck, and bon appétit!
- Miami Art Week 2016 - November 29, 2016
- Art Scene 2016 - November 22, 2016
- Why I Hate George Jetson | The Guerrilla Framer - September 11, 2015
- 5 Tips for Marketing Through Daily-Deal Websites - August 1, 2015
- Finishing with Style - July 15, 2015
- Pease Pedestals: Displaying Success - July 15, 2015
- Mind Your Margins – More Profit for Happier Customers - June 18, 2015
- The Pursuit of Happiness: Roma Moulding Celebrates 30 Years - April 2, 2014
- URBAN ASHES—Using Salvaged Wood to Make Artful Frames, by Michael Pacitti - September 6, 2013
- Polly Norman’s Prehistoric Ride Through a Lavender Sky - March 13, 2013