You’re never too old for Dr. Seuss or Disney. So if you’re an art fan or a kid-art-heart in the Stone Harbor, New Jersey area, throw your inner child a bone and visit Ocean Galleries’ The Art of Dr. Seuss and Disney exhibit, kicking off tomorrow, October 5th, with a cocktail reception from 6-10 PM.
The exhibition, which will run through October 12th, features over 75 original paintings, bronze sculptures, embellished reproductions and collectible images from the legendary careers of Seuss (or Theodor Seuss Geisel, if you’re on a real-name basis) and ten authorized Disney artists. The Disney portion of the show will encompass both the old and the new, with images of classic Disney characters like Alice and Mickey Mouse alongside a few pieces from Tim Burton’s 2005 film The Corpse Bride, which should help you get into the Halloween spirit!
“We are extremely excited to share this wonderful collection of artwork,” says Ocean Galleries owner Kim Miller. “This exhibition is clearly multi-generational; what parent or grandparent doesn’t look back fondly at memories of Disney or the beloved Dr. Seuss. It is a treat for us to watch as people of so many ages become enthusiastic when they see these incredible pieces of artwork!”
For more details, visit www.oceangalleries.com.
- Larson-Juhl Partners with Chelsea Frames for Artexpo New York 2017 - March 9, 2017
- Gallery Spotlight on FrameWorks Miami - January 11, 2017
- From Frustration to Fruition: Five Steps to the Business of Art - January 3, 2017
- Miami Art Week 2016 - November 29, 2016
- Art Scene 2016 - November 22, 2016
- Why I Hate George Jetson | The Guerrilla Framer - September 11, 2015
- 5 Tips for Marketing Through Daily-Deal Websites - August 1, 2015
- Finishing with Style - July 15, 2015
- Pease Pedestals: Displaying Success - July 15, 2015
- Mind Your Margins – More Profit for Happier Customers - June 18, 2015