Autumn de Forest is a fifth generation painter whose artwork has sold for as much as $25,000. Already much sought-after by domestic and international collectors alike, this weekend sees the opening of the artist’s very first solo exhibition. She’s also only ten years old.
A selection of 90 the child prodigy’s paintings will be on display at Ocean Galleries starting tonight, August 3rd. Though the exhibition will remain on display through mid-October, those who want a chance to meet the young artist should aim for making the trip to Stone Harbor, New Jersey soon, as de Forest will be in attendance at three receptions spread over the weekend.
Dubbed an “artistic genius” by the Discovery Channel, de Forest has been exercising her uncommon creative talent since pre-school and has pursued her art professionally for the past several years. The young artist is also steadfast in her support of charitable organizations, among them Avalon, New Jersey’s Helen L. Diller Vacation Home for Blind Children; last night saw de Forest take part in a special painting session at the Ocean Galleries, where she worked together with students to create a piece of artwork to be donated to the Diller Home.
For more on the exhibit and this unique young artist, visit www.oceangalleries.com.
- Why I Hate George Jetson | The Guerrilla Framer - September 11, 2015
- 5 Tips for Marketing Through Daily-Deal Websites - August 1, 2015
- Finishing with Style - July 15, 2015
- Pease Pedestals: Displaying Success - July 15, 2015
- Mind Your Margins – More Profit for Happier Customers - June 18, 2015
- The Pursuit of Happiness: Roma Moulding Celebrates 30 Years - April 2, 2014
- URBAN ASHES—Using Salvaged Wood to Make Artful Frames, by Michael Pacitti - September 6, 2013
- Polly Norman’s Prehistoric Ride Through a Lavender Sky - March 13, 2013
- Work of the Week: Johnny Taylor’s The Age of Flight #3 - March 1, 2013
- Do You Want To Count Every Stroke? Or Play Men’s Rules? - February 27, 2013