For all those interested in getting their artwork licensed, there was just one place to be from May 20-22, 2012: New York City’s Jacob K. Javits Center, home to SURTEX, the world’s leading trade show for the surface design market.
Approximately 300 exhibitors were on hand to share the works of over 1,000 artists, designers, brands and properties with visitors—and those visitors showed up in droves, intent on finding the artist and designers whose work you may very well be seeing on any number of products—including textiles, stationery, greetings cards, toys, ceramics, gift wrap and many more—in the near future. The show’s 6,000 attendees, 11% of whom represented international businesses, mark a 20% increase from last year. Among the companies who made themselves known visiting the booths were such household names as Crate & Barrel, Dillard’s, Jo-Ann Fabric & Craft Stores, Paperchase, Shutterfly and Samsung.
The variety of attendees and exhibitors served well for the show, which saw a marked jump in the amount of licensing and sales of original artwork. “From across the U.S. and around the world, market participants were intent on building their product lines and establishing new relationships with the wealth of resources uniquely available at SURTEX,” notes Penny Sikalis, manager of the show and vice president of trade show production giant GLM.
One of those market participants, Cranston Textile Group president Andrew Sylvia, agrees: “SURTEX brings together an incredible showcase of Creative Talent! This show provides our company with a very efficient process to develop new partnerships and discover endless opportunities. Without question, SURTEX is cutting edge and very strategic to our company!”
For artists who regret not getting in on the action this year, mark your calendars for May 19-21, 2013, when SURTEX will return to the Jacob K. Javits Convention Center in New York. For more on this year’s SURTEX—and to stay updated on next year’s show—visit www.surtex.com.
- Miami Art Week 2016 - November 29, 2016
- Art Scene 2016 - November 22, 2016
- Why I Hate George Jetson | The Guerrilla Framer - September 11, 2015
- 5 Tips for Marketing Through Daily-Deal Websites - August 1, 2015
- Finishing with Style - July 15, 2015
- Pease Pedestals: Displaying Success - July 15, 2015
- Mind Your Margins – More Profit for Happier Customers - June 18, 2015
- The Pursuit of Happiness: Roma Moulding Celebrates 30 Years - April 2, 2014
- URBAN ASHES—Using Salvaged Wood to Make Artful Frames, by Michael Pacitti - September 6, 2013
- Polly Norman’s Prehistoric Ride Through a Lavender Sky - March 13, 2013