The pictures selected for the exhibition are of subjects hailing from the Golden Age of Hollywood (Gene Kelly, Ingrid Bergman) to modern-day headline makers like Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt, and include AFP-captured stills of directors (Alfred Hitchcock, Quentin Tarantino) and international stars (Sophia Loren, Marcello Mastroianni) as well.
Through the exhibition, notes AFP chairman and chief executive Emmanuel Hoog, “The public will be able to relive the magic of seeing stars going up the famous walkway steps, something that every year makes headlines around the world. From unforgettable arrivals to portraits that use the city as a background, the agency photographers capture the grace and pride of the stars and directors that make the Cannes Film Festival such a unique event.”
Each year photo-journalists from AFP, which has been covering the festival since its inception, produce over 6,000 images, many of which have been restored and digitized and are now available via its Image Forum database at www.imageforum.afp.com.
The exhibition will be displayed on walls throughout the city, notably along its rue d’Antibes (Cannes’ number one shopping destination), until June 30, 2012. To view a slideshow of the images in the exhibition, visit www.afp.com/fr/cannes-fait-le-mur-2012.
- Gallery Spotlight on FrameWorks Miami - January 11, 2017
- From Frustration to Fruition: Five Steps to the Business of Art - January 3, 2017
- Miami Art Week 2016 - November 29, 2016
- Art Scene 2016 - November 22, 2016
- Why I Hate George Jetson | The Guerrilla Framer - September 11, 2015
- 5 Tips for Marketing Through Daily-Deal Websites - August 1, 2015
- Finishing with Style - July 15, 2015
- Pease Pedestals: Displaying Success - July 15, 2015
- Mind Your Margins – More Profit for Happier Customers - June 18, 2015
- The Pursuit of Happiness: Roma Moulding Celebrates 30 Years - April 2, 2014