Attention all artists! As you know, the key to achieving any measure of long-term success in the art world is getting your art out there in front of people: Gallery owners, collectors, designers—the more eyes on your work, the better. Which is why Art Comes Alive 2012 (ACA), an art exhibit and contest sponsored by award-winning gallery and art consulting firm Art Design Consultants, Inc. (ADC) could be just what you need to take your career to the next level.
ACA winners will receive $65,000 in purchase awards, and with prizes ranging from gallery contracts with some of the most prestigious galleries in the Midwest to print and Internet promotion valued at thousands of dollars, the benefit of a win to an artist’s career can be immeasurable. There are cash prizes as well, with awards given out to the year’s best Landscape, Abstract, Watercolor, Mixed Media Artists and more.
Entries are open until April 20th, after which point the crème de la crème of the submitted artwork will be chosen to appear in ACA’s exhibition, which will kick off with an awards ceremony where artists can mix and mingle with potential buyers and other art industry professionals. The winners of the purchase awards, to be announced on June 8th, will be chosen by a panel of gallery owners and long-time collectors, among them ADC president and owner (and ABN Contributing Editor) Litsa Spanos and Sylvia Rombos, who has served as president of Cincinnati’s prestigious Malton Gallery for the past 15 years.
Accepted media include paintings, drawings, sculptures and fine art craft pieces. For more information on the contest—and to enter—visit http://www.adcfineart.com/call-to-artists/about-art-comes-alive-2012/.
- Why I Hate George Jetson | The Guerrilla Framer - September 11, 2015
- 5 Tips for Marketing Through Daily-Deal Websites - August 1, 2015
- Finishing with Style - July 15, 2015
- Pease Pedestals: Displaying Success - July 15, 2015
- Mind Your Margins – More Profit for Happier Customers - June 18, 2015
- The Pursuit of Happiness: Roma Moulding Celebrates 30 Years - April 2, 2014
- URBAN ASHES—Using Salvaged Wood to Make Artful Frames, by Michael Pacitti - September 6, 2013
- Polly Norman’s Prehistoric Ride Through a Lavender Sky - March 13, 2013
- Work of the Week: Johnny Taylor’s The Age of Flight #3 - March 1, 2013
- Do You Want To Count Every Stroke? Or Play Men’s Rules? - February 27, 2013