An art gallery is only as interesting as the art it holds and O. Ascanio Gallery owner Oscar Ascanio takes this maxim seriously, turning his space into a visionary kaleidoscope of contemporary masterpieces. Through December 17, he’s showcasing the works of some of the world’s most notorious 20th century artists, including Jesus Soto, Alejandro Otero, Carlos Cruz-Diez, Bernar Venet, Agostino Bonalumi and Victor Vasarely. Selections from Biennale de Paris award winner Francisco Salazar, mathematical precision pieces from Italy-based Victor Lucena and experiments with monochromatic red paintings by Bernard Aubertin are also a part of this impressive collaboration.
“They are plastic art masters worldwide and are known through innumerable acclaimed expositions in European, Asian and North American museums, where each artist has etched his place among the greats and where curators, critics and collectors have agreed that each one is a great master,” says Ascanio.
O. Ascanio Gallery is located at 2600 NW Second Avenue, in Miami’s Wynwood Arts District. For more information, visit www.oascaniogallery.com.
- Dale Chihuly, The Man Who Grows Glass - April 26, 2012
- Stephanie Paige Gets Connected - February 14, 2012
- Craft Shows Go Avant-Garde in Westlake, Ohio - January 26, 2012
- Inside the Outsider Art Fair - January 25, 2012
- O. Ascanio Gallery Makes Its Contemporary Mark - December 13, 2011
- Esmeralda Kosmatopoulos Explores the Palm Authority Project - December 2, 2011
- Miami SOLO Makes Its Debut - November 30, 2011