Whether you’re an artist, dealer, collector or enthusiast, there’s no better place to be this week than in Miami, Florida, when nearly 20 art shows converge in conjunction with Art Basel Miami Beach—including Miami SOLO, presented by Artexpo. With so much to see and so little time to see it all, Miami SOLO’s approach is a curated one: Assemble 100 of the world’s most talented contemporary artists who are working in a variety of genres, mediums and price points so that there’s truly something befitting of everyone’s taste and budget. One-stop art shopping at its finest.
Located across the street from Art Miami, which drew 46,000 attendees alone in 2010, Miami SOLO’s freshman show is already generating great buzz. Last night, the show offered an exclusive Opening Night Premiere, with contemporary pop artist Jiang Heng in attendance.
Tickets to Miami SOLO are available at the door, with $15 day passes and $25 week passes available. The show is taking place in the Wynwood Arts District at 3011 NE 1st Avenue at NW 31st Street. Show hours are as follows:
- Wednesday, November 30th: 11 a.m. – 7 p.m.
- Thursday, December 1st through Saturday, December 3rd: 11a.m. – 8 p.m. Sunday, December 4th: 11 a.m. – 6 p.m.
For a full list of this year’s exhibitors, visit http://www.miamisolo.com/exhibitor-list.
- Dale Chihuly, The Man Who Grows Glass - April 26, 2012
- Stephanie Paige Gets Connected - February 14, 2012
- Craft Shows Go Avant-Garde in Westlake, Ohio - January 26, 2012
- Inside the Outsider Art Fair - January 25, 2012
- O. Ascanio Gallery Makes Its Contemporary Mark - December 13, 2011
- Esmeralda Kosmatopoulos Explores the Palm Authority Project - December 2, 2011
- Miami SOLO Makes Its Debut - November 30, 2011